Latest Cold and Flu News
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says these people are at greatest risk of flu and should get the shot:
- Children between the ages of 6 months and 4 years, and seniors aged 50 and older.
- People with a chronic illness, such as diabetes, asthma, cardiovascular disease or kidney disease. Also, anyone with a suppressed immune system.
- Pregnant women.
- Children on aspirin therapy.
- Anyone living in a nursing home or long-term care facility.
- People who work in a health-care setting.
- People who live with young children or older adults.
- People who are obese.
- People of Alaskan or American Indian descent.
— Diana Kohnle
Copyright © 2016 HealthDay. All rights reserved.